A new 10-month study by 2gether, a crypto platform that aims to replace traditional banking, reveals the profile of female cryptocurrency users. The company conducted its survey from April 2019 to February 2020, polling 5,000 female users of the platform from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino and 19 Eurozone countries.
The poll reveals that female traders heavily trade Bitcoin and Ethereum. BTC and ETH represent 64% and 22% of the total trading volume, respectively.
While female crypto users also dabble in large-cap coins such as Bitcoin Cash, EOS and Cardano, these coins have captured less than 4% of the total trading volume.
The survey also shows that women account for 23% of all cryptocurrency users, slightly up from a study conducted in 2019 by fintech firm BitPanda, which showed that 22% of crypto holders in Europe were female versus 78% male.
Survey highlights from 2gether study
- 53% of female crypto users are 26 – 45 years old
- Many female crypto users serve as service sector professionals, economists, lawyers and accountants
- The average trading volume of a female crypto trader is $471 (423.11 euros)
- 37% of female crypto users spend their cryptocurrency on food and groceries
- 17% use crypto on transportation
- 15% use crypto on finance and investments
- 12% use crypto on leisure, restaurants and entertainment
You can check out the full survey here.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed at The Daily Hodl are not investment advice. Investors should do their due diligence before making any high-risk investments in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or digital assets. Please be advised that your transfers and trades are at your own risk, and any loses you may incur are your responsibility. The Daily Hodl does not recommend the buying or selling of any cryptocurrencies or digital assets, nor is The Daily Hodl an investment advisor. Please note that The Daily Hodl participates in affiliate marketing.
Featured Image: Shutterstock/fizkes
The post Female Crypto Users Put Bitcoin on Top, Followed by Ethereum: Study appeared first on The Daily Hodl.